The following requirements must be met in order to install Consul on ECS:
- Terraform: The tasks that you want to add to the service mesh must first be modeled in Terraform.
- Launch Type: Fargate and EC2 launch types are supported.
- Subnets: ECS Tasks can run in private or public subnets. Tasks must have network access to Amazon ECR or other public container registries to pull images.
- Consul Servers: You can use your own Consul servers running on virtual machines or use HashiCorp Cloud Platform Consul to host the servers for you. For development purposes or testing, you may use the
dev-serverTerraform module that runs the Consul server as an ECS task. The
dev-serverdoes not support persistent storage.
- ACL Controller: If you are running a secure Consul installation with ACLs enabled, configure the ACL controller.